Thankful Thursday-Thanks for the Memories
I found one of my old co-workers on Facebook recently. He was my boss, a great one at that. He hired me straight out of school with no real experience. He believed in me, when time after time I had heard in interviews, that I had no experience. He created a work environment that I haven’t seen since. We were all a family. There were the parents of the group, the annoying but protective older brothers, and the sisters who you could go to lunch with and talk. They drove across the state to come to my wedding. They send Christmas cards. They all even sent me emails to my new office on my first day, to make sure that I didn’t start the day without a smile. With no close family around me when I moved to take this job, he made sure that I was taking care of myself, and knew just the right things to say to make me feel like I was the best at the job I was doing. I don’t know if it was the truth or not, but I believed it and kept working so hard, not to prove him wrong. I moved a few years after taking that first job, and transferred offices. His encouragement allowed me to believe in myself and make me the person I have become today. I don’t work there anymore, but I still keep in touch with some of the people there. I am thankful that I started my career in such a place and I am thankful and better off to have known these people. So whenever I need a smile, I stop and think of the Carl T spin, The Allman Brothers Band playing really loud in the next office before the rest of the employees got in, Drips coffee, “running down t/ps in my territory on nice days” and my friends who worked in a building at exit 125


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home