Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My First Post

About my new blog- I love to travel and see places all over the world, but always see “home” as my harbor. I am also a Jimmy Buffett fan, so the name One Particular Harbor is quite fitting with my outlook. I believe that my home is my harbor, be it where we live now or different locations in the future, my family are my haven, my port, my harbor. I live with my co-captain in everything and our little deckhand. Right now in life the captains are mopping up as hard as we can after the deckhand. Ha Ha!

Today the snow is melting away, and everyone I’ve talked to is anxiously awaiting the arrival of spring. Back at the harbor, we are trying to fend off the remnants of the lingering cold symptoms that have been passed around for nearly two weeks. I think I just found the inspiration to my next post in the strangest place, stay tuned…

New to the blog world, I am so inspired by all the creative people out there. I hope I can create and craft then share my treasures with my blogworld. I feel so creative, yet I always feel like my organization and time don’t allow it to come out most of the time.

So, I am still trying to work on what the content of my blog will contain, and wonder where this journey will take me. I will end this post with the lyrics of the song that is the title of my blog.

One Particular Harbor

*Ia ora te naturaE mea arofa teie ao neiIa ora te naturaE mea arofa teie ao nei

I know I don't get there often enough
But God knows I surely try
It's a magic kind of medicine
That no doctor could prescribe
I used to rule my world from a pay phone
Ships out on the sea
But now times are rough
And I got too much stuff
Can't explain likes of me

Chorus:But there's this one particular harbour
So far but yet so near
Where I see the days as they fade away
And finally disappear
But now I think about the good times
Down in the Caribbean sunshine
In my younger days I was so bad
Laughin' about all the fun we hadI
seen enough to feel the world spin
Mixin' different oceans meetin' cousins
Listen to the drummers and the night sounds
Listen to the singers make the world go 'round(pan solo)

*Ia ora te naturaE mea arofa teie ao neiIa ora te naturaE mea arofa teie ao nei
Lakes below the mountain
Flow into the sea
Like oils applied to canvas
They permeate through me
And there's that one particular harbour
Sheltered from the wind
Where the children play on the shore each day
And all are safe within
Most mysterious calling harbour
So far but yet so near
I can see the day when my hair's full gray
And I finally disappear

*Ia ora te naturaE mea arofa teie ao neiIa ora te naturaE mea arofa teie ao neiIa ora te naturaE mea arofa teie ao neiIa ora te natura (ua pau te maitai no te fenua)E mea arofa teie ao neiIa ora te naturaE mea arofa teie ao neiIa ora te natura (ua pau te maitai no te fenua)E mea arofa teie ao nei, hey now, hey now, hey nowIa ora te naturaE mea arofa teie ao neiUa pau te maitai no te fenua [bounty of the land is exhausted]Te zai noa ra te ora o te mitie [but there?s still abundance in thesea]Ua pau te maitai no te fenuaTe zai noa ra te ora o te mitie*Language is Tahitian

1 Comments:

Blogger Deciduous Heather said...

Welcome to the world of blogs, I just started my own a month or so ago....I have several blogs that I LOVE and follow daily! Enjoy Spring's pending arrival...:)

March 4, 2009 at 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home