Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Favorite Things

One of my favorite things is Pandora (Pandora.com). If you don’t know what this is, it is an online music player that is customized for what kinds of music you like. All, plus no commercials and its free! If you like a particular song you can give it thumbs up and the player will choose other songs or artists that have like sounds. If you don’t like it, give it a thumbs down, it will not play that song again, and will go on to a different song. My Pandora has several stations on it, depending on my mood, I can switch back and forth. I like to be able to hear peaceful nature sounds, and then jump to something with a little more oomph, especially when I’m trying to stay awake. What have I been listening to the last couple of weeks? Well it’s a mix of Steve Tyrell, big band, and Rat Pack artists. Songs that is kind of mellow, yet upbeat for the day to try to keep me doing happy dances in the cold weather. It is like sitting in a 1950’s lounge in Vegas or New York. I think with a lot of my interests/preferences I think I relate to different periods in time, even though I never lived through them. I think that is my draw to vintage, but that’s a subject for a different post. I will probably change the music up soon, but for now these songs make me happy and calm. I also have my Contemporary Christian, 80’s pop station and old school rap,Spa/Meditative and of course Jimmy Buffett stations to keep me company during the day. Do you know of any cool online things that I need to check out?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home