Family Blessings
I have many blessings in my life. The most important ones to me are my family. As I have been told over the years, and have learned myself, no one will be there for you like your family. My very caring and thoughtful parents look after little deckhand while the captains are at work, or sick in bed as was the case last week. While trying to watch the ever curious deckhand, they still find time to go out with friends, work on their projects and hobbies, enjoy life and take trips including heading up an entire group of “young at heart- seniors” and take them all up and down the interstate. Since little deckhand came into our lives, I have found more respect and admiration for the job my parents did while I was growing up and still today. It’s true what they say, you never know until you’ve been there yourself. (Although, my journey as a parent is just starting, each day is a blessing, opportunity and should be enjoyed good or bad for what it is.) I enjoy spending time with my family and hopefully you can get to know them better too, as I reveal a little bit at a time.
At the harbor, we are still watching little deckhand to make sure the cold does not take a turn for the worse. Also, because of the increased amount of mobility little deckhand is showing, it makes me think we should bubble wrap the floor, furniture, and everything else, but I know that is just a worried mommy view and need to remember, that independence and curiosity is healthy. There are so many fun and exciting things to look forward to for the next year and the list just keeps growing, not only for us in the harbor but the entire family and lots of friends.
Until next Time,


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home