Another weekend flew by!
It's Monday, back again to spend time with my employer. We had a very busy, but great weekend. Before the weekend started, the co-captain and I had a couple of days to hang out together after work. We went out to dinner for a date night, then I went down to school with him for a lecture and to see how our old college town had changed since I was last there.
I will count Friday, as the start of the weekend, since I had the day off. I picked up little deckhand from Nana, half way between their house and ours. Little Deckhand had been there a couple of days for a little getaway. Fun for everyone!
Then Saturday, we had the opportunity to go to the 100 years of Progress Tractor/Steam Engine/Antique Car show. Wow- Little Deckhand was completely consumed and overwhelmed. At the end of the day, the Engineer of the steam train, who is a family friend, asked if (L.D.) would like to ride up front in the engine with him. Both he and I were really thankful of the kindness that was extended. I was really proud, there were no curious fingers touching the real steam equipment during the ride.
Sunday, the rest of the family came over for lunch to celebrate my Mom's birthday which was last week.
We all had a great time and although I need to catch up on laundry, which was a casualty from being gone most of the weekend, it was another wonderful fall weekend.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home