Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I am especially thankful for my home. At such a time that there are so many people who are homeless or who are losing their homes in foreclosure, I am thankful to currently have a home. As I have mentioned before home for me is much more than a dwelling, but of family and the love they give. My home gives me comfort and refuge. My home gives me a place to rest from a long day and a place to recharge to prepare for the next. I have also mentioned that I am trying to organized and declutter my space, as to make a more peaceful and simplified area. I continue to work, I am making progress and beginning to see how much a home is not centered around things or objects. Of course I do have my fair share of stuff, but I am thankful to have it. I am hoping to bless others with the items that I am cleaning out. I found a poem that I would like to leave you with today about home.

Home
Home is the place your heart resides
Home is the place that you decide
Home is the womb that holds the soul
Home is the place where one is whole
Home is the glow you hold in your eye
Home is the emotion that makes you cry
Home is safe and a place of peace
Home is where all strivings cease
Home is protective against the others
Home is full of sisters and brothers
Home is where you find your rest
Home is where you feel your best
Home is a memory that follows your being
Home is a dream for those agreeing
Home is the place where reserves fall
Home is the place you yearn to call
Home is where the family meets
Home is a place of restful retreats
Home is the place you know you’ll be heard
Home is the pace where nothing blurs
Home is all these wonderful things
Home is the place you develop wings
Home is the place that you’ll find one day
Home is the place where your heart will stay

Aisha Patterson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home