Slowly but Surely
I am working to clean out my closet for good. I am working little by little, but just when I think, no I’m not going to wear that again, I go back to my resolve that I’m not buying anything new, so maybe I will wear it again. I like to think I have a classic look, so my clothes are not too trendy, yet I still try to have a current look. It goes back to the 80/20 rule, 80% of the time you wear 20% of your clothes. I think I’m more of 50/50, but while I am cleaning out, I am going to try the backwards hanger method, and truly see how much I wear each item. The last couple of years, I have not done anything in cleaning out clothes except for those 3 sizes too small. I really wanted to see where my weight ended up before and after little deckhand. As I try to live a life a simple living, I have noticed that the accumulation of stuff makes things stressful. I’m not saying that I want to live in an empty house with one plate, fork and cup to eat from, I like pretty things, I like décor, I like seeing things displayed to remind us of fun times, souvenirs and thoughtful gifts from others. However, the amount of paperwork and clothing-two big categories in our house gets overwhelming at times. It’s in these areas that I want to see the biggest difference. So along with the closet, the next big task is the filing cabinets and other paper hiding places. I will keep you posted, it probably will be slowly as indicated, as I am now packing our bags for the trip.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home