Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday Movie Review- Bottle Shock

I know a rarity, two weeks in a row with a movie review! I have another movie recommendation, especially for wine connoisseurs. This movie is more entertainment than deep reflection.

Bottle Shock is based on a true event of the 1976 blind wine tasting of Napa Valley wines in France. It is set in a time before Napa was on the map for wine production. This movie reminds you why people take trips to Napa to enjoy the beautiful vineyards. It also is informational, especially if you know the principles of winemaking. This film is an independent film, but has some big names in it, (Bill Pullman- “While you Were Sleeping”, and Alan Rickman- “Harry Potter”)

The co-captain is an excellent vintner, the last vintage was produced before the little deckhand arrived. I think it is a wonderful hobby and the amount of chemistry, and trial and error testing is amazing to produce a wine fit to drink. There are several wineries from Napa that the co-captain and I would recommend trying, we were trying to pay attention to see if any were mentioned in the movie. I will not tell because the movie is worth watching anyways.

So as the days grow longer, and warmer, pop open a bottle and enjoy the movie, Bottle Shock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home